Synergia | News
15528
page-template,page-template-blog-large-image-with-dividers,page-template-blog-large-image-with-dividers-php,page,page-id-15528,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-9.5,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive

We are delighted to launch our new web site!  If you are a healthcare professional, a hospital or healthcare system representative or a payer, come take a look at our solutions and partner with us to help your patients with chronic disease live healthier lives at a much lower cost!...

Rick Thomas, CEO of Synergia Opcare based in Raritan, said his new company is going to change the way chronic disease is managed for better outcomes. He said healthcare professionals can now be reimbursed for providing patient education but lack the tools to help patients adhere to their prescribed regimen. “It takes someone who truly understands chronic disease to create programs and tools to combat it,” said Thomas, a longtime Johnson & Johnson veteran and entrepreneur who recently launched Synergia Opcare. He touts his firm as having a comprehensive portfolio of tools to assist physicians, hospitals and insurers to keep patients on track with their prescribed clinical plan. Thomas, a Somerset County resident, said the company is hoping to move into its new office space in Somerville in the spring. Because of changes to reimbursement via the federal government, Thomas said in a recent press release, chronic care codes were added, allowing healthcare professionals to be reimbursed for patient counseling and education, which is crucial for success in patient adherence. Thomas said roughly 20 percent of patients follow the care plan provided by their physicians, but he said the remaining 80 percent do not. “Most want to get healthier, and their physicians certainly want them to … a patient just needs ongoing support when they’re not with their physician to help them stay on track with the physician’s plan, helping them achieve better health, reducing costs with less tests, reduced hospital readmissions, as well as many other costs. "So physicians, hospitals and insurers hire us to be their patient support team and we implement a comprehensive portfolio of services on their behalf with their patients,” added Thomas. Thomas explained that as the physician's, hospitals and Insurer’s Patient Compliance support team, Synergia Opcare implements a portfolio of services with their patients to help them stay on track with their prescribed care pathway plan, resulting in better health for the patient and lower healthcare costs. “We engage the patient more fully in that plan … walking along beside...